Keeping the Audit on Track: Critical Skills for Audit Managers
This course provides information for better ways to keep an audit focused and speed up the reporting phase. It is designed for Federal, state, and local government audit managers and supervisors who perform audit work in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), and who would like to discover new and more effective ways to address the challenges of keeping an audit focused, tackle “scope creep,” and make the report writing/review phase more efficient.
- Distinguish between managing and leading in the audit environment
- Discuss the most effective leadership characteristics in managing and supervising audits
- Know how best to divide your time among various audit management activities
- Understand how the professional requirements of GAGAS relate to managing and supervising audit work
- Expand your skills beyond traditional management to coaching and supporting staff to improve their effectiveness
- Use audit planning and design tools more effectively
- Keep an audit more focused to facilitate timeliness
- Leading in the current audit environment
- Assessing one’s own leadership characteristics
- Coaching to unique motivators and employee strengths
- Matching audit steps to audit objectives and elements of a finding
- Meets Selected Core Competencies For: Accountants, Auditors, Budget Analysts, and Financial Managers
- Bring this course to your organization! To learn more, call 888.545.8577.