Hiring in the Federal Context
A critical course for any federal HR professional, this course provides a foundational understanding of key talent management processes, including staffing, recruitment, selection, onboarding, retention, and training. Participants will learn the importance of these processes, how to operate within the federal framework by supporting relevant rules and regulations, how to proactively advise agency customers in talent management areas, and relevant best practices and federal HR trends.
*PLEASE NOTE: To receive the SHRM member discount price, please call our HR enrollment specialists at 888.545.8571 to enroll. Discount pricing is currently not available online.
SHRM Member Price: $829*
SHRM Non-Member Price: $929
Course prices include 1-year membership in the Society for Human Resource Management, providing access to vital HR resources, professional development opportunities, and more than 250,000 professionals.
- Describe the historical context surrounding the federal hiring process
- Identify the purpose and rules/regulations surrounding the OPM end-to-end hiring initiative
- Explain how the administration’s hiring reform impacts federal hiring
- Discuss each of the major steps in the hiring process
- Comply with relevant federal staffing rules and regulations
- Serve as a strategic partner in advising managers on staffing
- Utilize various outreach and recruitment strategies to target and recruit top candidates
- Describe the steps involved in the candidate assessment process (both internal and external)
- Advise hiring managers on best practices associated with selection
- Describe the importance and benefits of new employee onboarding
- Apply best practices associated with retention and engagement
- Comply with federal regulations regarding development and training
- Utilize best practices associated with development and training
- Legal framework
- Staffing: identifying and validating the need
- Recruitment: job posting and outreach
- Assessment and selection
- Retention and succession planning
- Development and training
- Bring this course to your organization! To learn more, call 888.545.8577.