Fundamentals of Workforce Planning
This two-day tactical workforce planning course will prepare learners to align their current and future workforce with their organization’s strategic direction and goals. They will learn how to develop targeted human capital solutions based on data-driven analyses of their agency’s/unit’s strengths and weaknesses. Additionally, participants will learn how to develop implantation plans for their solutions with sound metrics that measure effectiveness and meet federal reporting requirements. During interactive exercises, participants will apply the lessons learned to situations within the federal context and to their own organization.
*PLEASE NOTE: To receive the SHRM member discount price, please call our HR enrollment specialists at 888.545.8571 to enroll. Discount pricing is currently not available online.
SHRM Member Price: $829*
SHRM Non-Member Price: $929
Course prices include 1-year membership in the Society for Human Resource Management, providing access to vital HR resources, professional development opportunities, and more than 250,000 professionals.
- Understand the components, timelines, roles, and responsibilities of all who participate in the workforce planning process
- Use data to drive the tactical workforce planning process, as well as the identification and development of workforce solutions
- Develop actionable plans for implementing human capital solutions that ensure progress and accountability
- Develop effective workforce metrics that (1) measure the effectiveness of your human capital solutions, and (2) satisfy OPM reporting requirements
- Employ effective communication tools and techniques throughout the workforce planning process
- The Workforce Planning Model
- Supply and demand analysis
- Gap and solutions analysis
- Evaluation – using metrics to drive success
- Building a business case for tactical workforce planning
- Bring this course to your organization! To learn more, call 888.545.8577.