Building Credibility to Support Your Customer
Federal CHCOs have identified customer service as a critical skill gap within the federal HR community. This dynamic and interactive two-day course will teach participants to effectively communicate and consult with their internal customers to build your credibility as an HR consultant. They will learn practical skills for better understanding and communicating with customers, anticipating and responding to customer requests and concerns, and measuring customer service and satisfaction. During the course, learners will develop an action plan for increasing customer satisfaction with the services they provide, and a personal action plan for transitioning to a strategic “consultant” role.
*PLEASE NOTE: To receive the SHRM member discount price, please call our HR enrollment specialists at 888.545.8571 to enroll. Discount pricing is currently not available online.
SHRM Member Price: $829*
SHRM Non-Member Price: $929
Course prices include 1-year membership in the Society for Human Resource Management, providing access to vital HR resources, professional development opportunities, and more than 250,000 professionals.
- Describe the importance of customer service as a federal HR Professional
- Respond to customers in a prompt and professional manner
- Accurately identify the intent/need behind a customer request
- Communicate effectively across customer groups
- Work with customers effectively to solve problems
- Anticipate future customer needs, obstacles and concerns
- Work effectively with different personalities and difficult customers
- Understanding the importance of customer service in HR
- Credibility – setting yourself up to succeed
- Communication – the key to customer service
- Consulting skills – internal consulting for federal HR professionals Consulting skills – dealing with difficult customers
- Completion and continuity – being accountable for results
- Tying it all together
- ■Bring this course to your organization! To learn more, call 888.545.8577.