Becoming a Strategic Business Partner: Expanding Your Role to Deliver Results
This course is designed for federal HR professionals committed to becoming a strategic partner in their organizations and acting as internal consultants to align HR efforts with the mission, vision, and direction of the agencies they serve. This course introduces the role of the strategic partner and emphasizes the consulting skills and tools necessary for federal HR professionals to be effective in performing this role.
*PLEASE NOTE: To receive the SHRM member discount price, please call our HR enrollment specialists at 888.545.8571 to enroll. Discount pricing is currently not available online.
SHRM Member Price: $829*
SHRM Non-Member Price: $929
Course prices include 1-year membership in the Society for Human Resource Management, providing access to vital HR resources, professional development opportunities, and more than 250,000 professionals.
- Understand what it means to think strategically as an HR professional
- Describe the role of strategic partner and associated competencies
- Integrate their understanding of the agency’s mission with recommendations for human capital management in order to align HR efforts with organizational strategy
- Be proactive in consulting with their customers within their business context
- Work collaboratively across organizational boundaries and effectively manage change
- Apply federal and private-sector best practices in the area of strategic partnership
- Use new skills and tools to build and maintain effective strategic partnerships
- Develop an Action Plan to guide their transition to becoming a strategic partner
- Strategic thinking as an HR professional
- Your role as a strategic partner
- Understanding your organization’s business
- Transitioning to the role of consultant
- Expanding your consulting toolkit
- Sharing trends and best practices
- Tying it all together
- Bring this course to your organization! To learn more, call 888.545.8577.