Electronic Course Materials General FAQs
What are electronic course materials?
Electronic course materials are digitally-enhanced versions of our traditional printed course materials that can be accessed online and downloaded to your computer. They are provided as PDF files, a familiar, universal format which provides access to tools such as highlighting and note-taking.
What do I need to do to prepare for my class?
If you plan to utilize electronic course materials during your class, download the materials to your computer ahead of time so you’re ready to go once class begins. Your materials will be made available to you through our portal, Student Central, three weeks prior to the class start date.
When and how will I gain access to the electronic course materials?
Three weeks prior to your class start date, you will receive a welcome email from firstname.lastname@example.org
with credentials and instructions to log into Student Central.
Note: If your class is less than three weeks away and you haven’t received your instructions, (be sure to check your Spam folder) please contact customer service via online chat, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 888.545.8571 for assistance.
To access your materials:
- Make sure your browser’s pop-up blocker is disabled
- Log into Student Central at https://ManagementConcepts.CSOD.com
- Locate your course on “My Upcoming Confirmed Training” and click on “Open Curriculum”
- Next to the Participant Guide file, click “Launch” to open the PDF. The electronic course materials will open in a pop-up window
- Download and save the file to your computer
What are the technical requirements for using electronic course materials?
For the most optimal training experience, we recommend you download your course materials to a laptop that you can bring with you to class every day. When accessing course materials outside of class, you can also use a desktop computer or a tablet.
To access your electronic course materials for the first time, all you need is an Internet connection and web browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer. All of these browsers will enable you to view and print PDF files. If you want additional functionality, such as annotation or bookmarking, you will need to use a PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat. If you don’t already have a PDF reader, you can download Adobe Acrobat for free
. Once you’ve downloaded the course materials to your computer, you no longer need an Internet connection to open them.
Am I required to use electronic course materials in the classroom?
No. We will still provide you with our standard printed course materials for live classroom sessions, but you have the option to use the electronic materials during and/or after your class has been completed.
Note: If you are attending a virtual or online class, your materials are only available electronically.
What features are available with the electronic course materials?
You can navigate through the materials easily by using the linked Table of Contents , bookmarks, or simply search by keyword. You can also highlight, comment, take notes, add other annotations, and print the materials (including your notes) if you wish. Once you download your own copy of the PDF, you no longer need Internet access to use your electronic course materials.
Note: Remember to continuously save your electronic course materials if you’re using highlighting, sticky notes, or other Adobe tools. The file you save to your computer is the file you’ll need to continue accessing if you want to refer to any changes you’ve made to the PDF. If you return to Student Central and download another copy of course materials, it will be a clean copy.
How long will I have access to the electronic course materials after my class has ended?
You can access a copy of the electronic course materials in Student Central for three years following the end of your class. However, once you’ve downloaded a copy of the electronic course materials to your computer, that is your copy forever.
Electronic Course Materials Usage FAQs
I’ve clicked “Launch” and my materials aren’t opening.
A likely reason is that your browser's pop-up blocker is blocking the PDF from opening in a new window. To fix this, temporarily disable your pop-up blocker , or allow pop-ups from the website (https://ManagementConcepts.CSOD.com
How do I disable the pop-up blocker on my web browser?
- In the Tools menu, click on Internet Options and then go to Privacy.
- Click on Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- Enter the website address “managementconcepts.csod.com” and press the Add button.
- Press the Close button.
- In the Tools menu,click on Options.
- Click on Content from the menu on the left, then click on the Exceptions button next to the Block Pop-up Windows checked box.
- Enter the website address “managementconcepts.csod.com” inthe Address of Website field and press the Allow button, then press the Save Changes button.
- Close the Options tab.
- Click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome icon in the upper right-hand corner and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the little arrow next to Advanced to show the menu and choose Privacy and Security.
- Click on the arrow to the right of Content Settings.
- Click on the arrow to the right of Pop-ups.
- Click on the ADD button to the right of Allow.
- Enter the website address “managementconcepts.csod.com” in the Site field and click on the Add button.
- In the Safari menu, go to Preferences.
- In the preferences menu select the Security tab.
- Under Web content, uncheck Block Pop-up Windows.
- Click on Start from the Firefox menu and select Preferences.
- Click on Content from the menu, and then click on the Exceptions button next to the Block pop-up windows checked box.
- Enter the website address “managementconcepts.csod.com” inthe Address of Website fieldand press the Allow button, then press the Save Changes button.
- Close the Preferences tab.
- Click on Start from the Chrome menu and select Preferences.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Show Advanced Settings.
- Scroll to Privacy.
- Click on Content Settings.
- Scroll down to Pop-ups.
- Click on Manage Exceptions.
- Enter the website address “managementconcepts.csod.com” under Hostname Pattern.
- Under Behavior set to Allow, then click Done.
- On the next screen click Done again and your changes will be saved.
I’m reading my electronic course materials and clicked on a hyperlink and now what I was reading is no longer on my screen. How do I get back to the course materials?
Any hyperlinks clicked while reading your electronic course materials will open in a new browser window or tab. To navigate back to your course materials, return to your original PDF window.
The text on my screen is too small or too large. How can I change it?
You can increase or decrease the magnification of the page by using the “Zoom In/Zoom Out” tool located at the top of the screen.
Press the (+) button to increase magnification or press the (-) button to decrease magnification.
I’m in Student Central and the button to access my electronic course materials now says “Mark Complete.” How do I re-open it?
Simply click the drop-down arrow next to “Mark Complete” and select “Launch.” If you opt to mark the materials as complete, the button will again say “Launch,” and will enable you to launch the materials again at a later time.
My class has ended, and I can’t find the course on my transcript or homepage anymore. Where is it?
After you’ve completed a class, the materials may move to your Completed transcript. To get there, open your transcript, and then click the drop-down button that currently says “Active.” Select “Completed” to view completed materials.
I’m unable to add notes or highlights like I expected.
This is because you are using a PDF reader application that does not support those tools. Consider downloading a different application, or looking up what tools are available in yours . You can download Adobe Acrobat for free
What is my user name?
Your user name is the email address that was provided at the time of your registration. It can be located on the confirmation or reminder emails.
How do I reset my password?
Click the Reset My Password link on the Student Central login page. Enter your user name and you will receive an email with a password reset link. If you do not receive the email within five minutes or do not have access to your registered email, please contact customer service via online chat
, phone at 888.545.8571
, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I opened my electronic course materials and my highlights and notes are gone.
When using highlights, notes, and other features, you must save your electronic course materials on your computer. The file you save to your computer is the file you’ll need to continue accessing if you want to refer to any changes you’ve made to the PDF. If you return to Student Central and download another copy of course materials, it will be a clean copy.