Many of our courses are offered online through virtual, remote, and self-paced sessions. Information on our system validation process and hardware and software requirements are listed below. For assistance, please contact Customer Service by phone at 703.790.9595, via online chat
, or by email at
Students enrolled in a virtual or remote class receive a calendar invite three weeks before class with instructions for completing the system validation process below.
- Test the virtual classroom and your speaker & microphone setup
- Log into Student Central to test your access by clicking this link (https://managementconcepts.csod.com/) or pasting it into your browser. Student Central is where you will launch the virtual classroom and access any course materials, pre-class assignments, and exams, depending on the course.
HARDWARE & SOFTWARE REQUIRMENTS
- Intel Core i5 or faster processor (or equivalent)
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), Microsoft Edge (Chromium) (v79.0 & above), and Apple Safari (v12.0 & above)
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), and Mac OS X 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15
- Students using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge Legacy may experience degraded experiences. If you are unsure of which browser you are using, please check with your IT department to ensure you are using the latest version available. If possible, we recommend using the latest version of Chrome or the latest version of Edge.
Internet and Browser
- Reliable internet connection at minimum 512Kbps via cable modem, DSL, or LAN. A hard-wired Internet connection is strongly recommended.
- You will also need to ensure your browser settings comply with the following:
Audio (for virtual and remote sessions)
- Audio will be accessed through your computer. A USB headset is the preferred option, but your computer’s speakers and microphone may be sufficient.
- Some private group training sessions utilize a conference phone line. If necessary, those students will receive separate instructions
Monitors (for virtual and remote sessions)
- We recommend using two screens for the best experience; one screen to display the virtual classroom and one for your course materials. A tablet may only be used to access course materials, not the virtual classroom.
- Skytap Connectivity Checker - Students enrolled in a virtual or remote class utilizing Skytap’s virtual machine receive an email three weeks before class with instructions for completing the Connectivity Checker below. Courses that use Skytap include:
- Analytics Boot Camp
- Data Collection Techniques
- Analytics Capstone
- Budget Estimating Using Microsoft Excel
- Evaluating and Presenting Analysis Results
- Cost-Benefit Analysis Using Microsoft Excel
- Data Analysis and Modeling Techniques
- Introduction to Analytics
- Data Analysis for Financial Managers Using Microsoft Excel
- Program and Budget Analysis Using Microsoft Excel
- We strongly recommend two screens for the best learning experience
- Test your connectivity
- Click this link (https://cloud.skytap.com/connectivity ) or paste it into the browser that you’ll use during class. Google Chrome is recommended.
- Select region US-East-2
- Click Start Connectivity Checker. Your system passed if:
- The supported browser shows a green checkmark and “Passed.”
- Client connection shows a green checkmark and “Passed.”
- Latency shows 150ms or less in a green box
- If any of the tests fail, click or paste the troubleshooting assistant link (https://help.skytap.com/TM_Home.html) for assistance or contact your IT department to resolve the issue