Many of our courses are offered online through virtual and remote sessions. Information on our system validation process and hardware and software requirements are listed below. For assistance, please contact Customer Service by phone at 844.876.7476, via online chat , or by email at TechSupport@managementconcepts.com
Note: Most of the classes use Adobe Connect as the delivery platform.
- Test the virtual classroom diagnostic test.
- You will log into the Management Concepts learning management system (LMS) to access course materials, pre-class assignments, and exams, depending on the course.
- Your LMS username is the email address we have on file and if it is a new account, you have received your temporary password via email. If you are having an issue with the password, contact our Technical Support team via the Live Chat option or by calling 888-545-8571 and pressing 3.
- On the morning of your class, log into the virtual classroom 30 minutes prior to the start time. A direct link to your class will be emailed to you the morning of the class.
- When signing into your classroom in Adobe Connect, you will have a landing page asking to test your headset and microphone prior to entering the classroom. Please test at this point.
- If your class is designated to use a conference line for audio, please bypass the audio test by clicking “Enter room” in the upper right-hand corner of the classroom landing page.
Tips for optimal classroom experience:
- When logging into the learning management system, please note the password is case sensitive.
- When you get to the Adobe Connect log in page, click on Guest and enter your name.
- If possible, disconnect your VPN prior to launching virtual classroom. VPN can block or disconnect a student from the virtual classroom, depending on the security settings.
- Connect your headset to your computer prior to launching the virtual classroom.
- USB headset is recommended. Bluetooth headsets can work, but sometimes Bluetooth technology can be unstable. If you are unable to hear audio, click the drop down next to the speaker icon, click on select speaker and make sure the correct speaker is selected.
- Prior to class start, test your headset to confirm your computer’s microphone function is not disabled.
- We do not recommend using your computer’s built-in speakers and microphone as students may experience an echo.
- Remember to mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- Using two monitors is recommended but it is not required. Two monitors allow students to view the electronic materials on one monitor and the virtual classroom on the second monitor.
HARDWARE & SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
- Intel Core i5 or faster processor (or equivalent)
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), Microsoft Edge (Chromium) (v79.0 & above), and Apple Safari (v12.0 & above)
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), and Mac OS X 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15
- Students using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge Legacy may experience degraded experiences. If you are unsure of which browser you are using, please check with your IT department to ensure you are using the latest version available. If possible, we recommend using the latest version of Chrome or the latest version of Edge.
Internet and Browser
- Reliable internet connection at minimum 512Kbps via cable modem, DSL, or LAN. A hard-wired Internet connection is strongly recommended.
- You will also need to ensure your browser settings comply with the following:
- Cookies may be needed to access all functionality in the LMS
- Pop-up blockers may need to be disabled to enter the LMS or Adobe Connect.
Audio (for virtual and remote sessions)
- Audio will be accessed through your computer. A USB headset is the preferred option, but your computer’s speakers and microphone may be sufficient.
- Some private group training sessions utilize a conference phone line. If necessary, those students will receive separate instructions
Monitors (for virtual and remote sessions)
- We recommend using two screens for the best experience; one screen to display the virtual classroom and one for your course materials. A tablet may only be used to access course materials, not the virtual classroom.
- Skytap Connectivity Checker - Students enrolled in a virtual or remote class utilizing Skytap’s virtual machine receive an email three weeks before class with instructions for completing the Connectivity Checker below. Courses that use Skytap include:
- Analytics Boot Camp
- Data Collection Techniques
- Analytics Capstone
- Budget Estimating Using Microsoft Excel
- Evaluating and Presenting Analysis Results
- Cost-Benefit Analysis Using Microsoft Excel
- Data Analysis and Modeling Techniques
- Introduction to Analytics
- Data Analysis for Financial Managers Using Microsoft Excel
- Program and Budget Analysis Using Microsoft Excel
- We strongly recommend two screens for the best learning experience
- Test your connectivity
- Click this link (https://cloud.skytap.com/connectivity ) or paste it into the browser that you’ll use during class. Google Chrome is recommended.
- Select region US-East-2
- Click Start Connectivity Checker. Your system passed if:
- The supported browser shows a green checkmark and “Passed.”
- Client connection shows a green checkmark and “Passed.”
- Latency shows 150ms or less in a green box
- If any of the tests fail, click or paste the troubleshooting assistant link (https://help.skytap.com/TM_Home.html) for assistance or contact your IT department to resolve the issue